Information about the three open Director positions on the WTS board
Current open positions: Three Director posts. The immediate past President and Secretary cannot run for re-election due to term limitations stated in the by-laws.
- Directors need only to be Full Members of the WTS in Good Standing.
Each nomination MUST be endorsed by a Full Member of the WTS.
- Endorsement may be sent through e-mail.
The Nominator completes items #1-3 on the Nomination Form, and then:
- For self nominations,
i. The Nominee completes Item 4 on the Nomination Form, and then
ii. the Nominee forwards the form to the Endorser, and then
iii. the Endorser forwards the form to Stephen Popkin (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- For nominations made by WTS Full Members (Nominator serving as Endorser),
i. the Nominator forwards the form to the Nominee for completion of Item 4, then
ii. the Nominee forwards the form to Stephen Popkin (email@example.com)
- For nominations made by non-WTS Full Members (Nominator only),
i. The Nominator forwards the form to a WTS Full Member to serve as Endorser, and then
ii. The Endorser forwards the form to the Nominee for Completion of Item 4,then
iii. the Nominee forwards the form to Stephen Popkin (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Each Nominee is encouraged to complete Item #4, Position Statement, on the nomination form. This statement should outline what the person seeks to accomplish while on the Board, and any germane qualifications for meeting their goals or position demands.
- Stephen Popkin will ensure submitted nomination forms have the proper endorsements by viewing the e-mail chain, and then review the entire package with the treasurer Johannes Gärtner and the Membership Chair, Friedhelm Nachreiner, for final checks.
- Johannes Gärtner will incorporate the vetted information into the WTS elections website. Independently an e-mail will come out from the Elections Committee to the entire membership with the names, positions sought, and position statements of all Nominees.
- The web site will automatically calculate results based upon input. You will be required to input your e-mail address of record (what is in the WTS e-mail database) to ensure proper voting. For those unable to access the website, an e-mail form will be provided; the form is to be returned to the Elections Committee e-mail address for manual entry by the Committee.
- Election results will by posted on the WTS web site and an e-mail sent to all members by December 31st.
The nomination form can be downloaded here.
Many thanks from the WTS Officers and Board!